The Marvel Roundtable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domestic Life

2 posters

Go down

Domestic Life Empty Domestic Life

Post by Warren Worthington III Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:47 am

5:33 pm
Sedona, Arizona
Warren Worthington III & Laura Kinney's home

In a small cul-de-sac overlooking a beautiful Oak Creek lake sits Warren and Laura's multi million dollar home. It has been eight months since Warren or Laura had seen any combat that wasn't on their TV for movie night. Warren had left Laura home for the day as he had a meeting with Matthew Murdock to take full leader ship of the board of directors for Worthington Industries. His older self, whatever you want to call the soulless husk of a hippy... had given the company away to a handful of students from the Jean Grey School of Higher Learning. Now as the rightful heir to Worthington Industries, Anole, Bling, Blindfold & Armor were rightfully paid off from having any ownership in the company and Warren became the 100% Owner, Chairman & Principal Stockholder of Worthington Industries.

Warren's wings were currently tucked underneath his designer suit as he pulled up to his house in his Lamborghini as he was met in the driveway by his new neighbor. It was a quick hello and handshake as Warren locked up the lambo and entered his massive house. "Hey babe, i'm home. Ive got pretty great news! Oh, and I just met the neighbor!' He said as he pulled off his sport coat, releasing his cosmically powered wings into the air and gave them a long stretch.
Warren Worthington III
Warren Worthington III
Dustin

Back to top Go down

Domestic Life Empty Re: Domestic Life

Post by Kander Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:49 am

The hog’s engine gave a throaty roar as Laura twisted the accelerator. The wind tore at her hair. The asphalt raced by inches from her feet. There was an undeniable freedom to driving a bike down an open road. A freedom that she had seldom felt in her life. It was not surprising why Logan had been so fond of it. In fact, this bike had been his. It had taken a while before she had actually ridden it, though. Perhaps it was the sense of finality that came with using an inheritance; the last act that cemented someone’s passing.

Normally Laura Kinney was not a sentimental person. She had long found emotions foreign...outside of rage. And fear. But she had since been able to come to terms with who she was and how she had been created. Emotions were not easy for her; likely never would be, but she could admit to herself how logan’s death had affected her.

She had dropped out of the x-men after the wolverine died, unsure of what she should do. She would likely still be wandering if not for Warren. He had been there for her in a way that precious few people ever had been. She owed him much. More than she could ever repay. Yet she knew his love for her was unconditional, even if it was a hard concept for her to grasp.

He had stood by her when she had left her teammates. He bought a house in Arizona, far from heroes and villains. Far from life and death struggles. Far from conflict, period. While she was thankful for the peace that allowed her to reflect, it had been a difficult transition, to say the least. She was grown to be a weapon, cloned from the greatest killing machine that had ever lived. All her life she had known pain and violence. Even finally finding a place of belonging with the x-men she had still felt like an outsider. Still felt like she needed to be on guard. But when she was alone with Warren, she could just be herself...even if she was still finding out who that was.

She slowed the bike as she reached the gated development that contained the veritable mansion that Warren had bought for them. The Westchester school had certainly not been a slum, but she was still not used to this degree of exclusivity and opulence, even after eight months. She took the Harley through the retracting gates and leisurely navigated it to the cul-de-sac on top of the lake. She eased the bike up the driveway and flicked the kickstand out, letting the bike rest as she nimbly dismounted.

She sniffed, cautiously. Freshly cut grass. Gasoline from the bike’s engine. Hot black top. Warren’s lingering cologne. She strained her ears. Water gently lapping at the banks of the lake. Television on a few house down. Insects crawling through the grass near her feet. Her eyes scanned across the cul-de-sac and beyond. The usual cars of the neighbors she still had not met. The typical boats across the lake, steered by the typical enthusiasts. No sign of forced entry on any house. Nothing out of place.

This development was postcard-idyllic, and there had never been a single incident in the months they had lived here. But old habits died hard. The worst part was that there was always a part of her that was dissapointed.

She unlocked the door and walked inside, making her way to the kitchen and slinging the backpack off her shoulder. She plopped it on the table and unzipped it, pulling out the groceries she had bought. Warren had more than enough money to pay people to shop for them-and cook for them and clean for them-and had offered it more than once, but every time Laura had turned him down. She did not want people waiting on her. She wanted to feel in control of her destiny. It was a desire he would never quite understand, for even despite his mutation he was still born into a life of wealth and privilege. He had never known what it was like to be used. To be completely subservient to the whims of others. She cherished each moment that she was able to do something of her own volition, even if it was mundane. So...incredibly mundane.

She set the groceries into their respective places in the large and meticulously organized fridge. She was trying her hand at cooking, lately. She was not a natural chef by any means, but she had become as proficient at preparing food as she was at anything she put her mind to. One of the few benefits of her torturous upbringing was that she had been forced to become a quick and efficient learner.

She had dinner planned out to the ounce. She knew how much they ate, and she let no food go to waste. Warren had once joked that she was becoming a model housewife, but she had silenced his chuckling with a growl. It was a harmless joke, but it had upset her. Upon self-reflection she realized that she had taken offense at the notion that she was normal. Average. But wasn’t that what she wanted? A normal, peaceful life? She had not discussed it further with Warren. The last thing she wanted to seem was ungrateful.

She changed and spent the rest of the afternoon in the state of the art gym Warren had put into a spacious room on the first floor. She pushed herself, hard, in an attempt to clear her mind and work out the frustrations she was feeling about her conflicting feelings regarding her place in the world. She was so focused on her workout that she didn’t hear the tell-tale growling of Warren’s Lamborghini until it was nearly in the driveway. She lowered the weights and walked toward the entranceway, toweling off as she went.

She heard the mechanism of the handle clicking into place and smelled Warren before he entered the house.

“Hey, babe. I’m home. I’ve got pretty great news! Oh, and I just met the neighbor!” he said. He pulled off his sport coat, hanging it on the oak coat rack by the door as he spread his wings of glowing cosmic energy.

Laura grabbed two apples from the fruit bowl as she passed and tossed one to her lover with a precise throw. She bit into the other, waiting for him to continue.

Kander
Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren Worthington III Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:24 am

"Whoa!" Warren blocked an apple from hitting his face at the last moment as it ricocheted off of his hand into the air and then caught it with both hands.  He smiled as Laura's innocent toss of an apple almost decked him.  "Thanks, it's been a long boring day."  He said as he took a bite from the apple and began undoing his tie.  

As he chewed, Warren took a look at Laura covered in sweat and dressed in her workout clothes.  She didn't need to put on some designer dress and have a team of hair and makeup to make herself beautiful, like most of the empty heiresses that he was forced into dating in the past.  Just standing there chewing an apple in her sweats, not realizing that she was everything Warren wanted was just another gold star as far as he was concerned. "You look cute."  He blurted out as he finished his bite of apple and pulled his tie off.

He walked to Laura with his hands full as he leaned in giving her a quick but loving kiss and then started to walk towards their master bedroom so he could get changed out of his business clothes.  "So Matt Murdock came through big time."  He said, stepping in to the master bedroom which was the size of some people's apartments as he made his way into the massive walk in closet.  "All the paperwork is finalized and you're looking at the President of Worthington Industries!"  He said with a smile as he maneuvered his arms and wings out of his dress shirt and putting on some sweat pants to lounge in.  "The X-Students understood that the 'other Angel' isn't thinking properly and it wasn't really his company to give away so they all signed without a problem.  We still gave them a substantial signing bonus for not completely burying the company in the meantime.... Although... I own A LOT of amusement parks now apparently." Warren said with a smirk.  It was never his intention to be a teenager running his own company but after hearing what had happened with Worthington Industries, he felt it was his duty to keep his family name from going down the gutter any more then it already had.

Knowing that business talk was never something Laura really cared about, he came back out of the closet and wrapped his now free arm around her and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead, not caring about getting a bit of sweat on him.  "How was your day?  Feel like making one of your famous homemade dinners tonight or should we go out and celebrate?"    

Laura was the only person standing by Warren's side through all of his decisions.  She understood his need to not follow in the path that his older self took.  Imbue yourself with the power of the Black Vortex?  Sure!  His previous self didn't do that, maybe this will change his destiny and avoid the nightmare that he saw from his future.  Laura got that.  So when the X-Men decided to live civilian life for the time being, Warren didn't need to second guess for one second.  He knew he wanted to go outwest and take his love with him.  His worry was that Laura wouldn't feel the same.  That maybe she wanted to stay at the school and try to continue fighting with a skeleton crew.  But she gave up the super hero thing and moved with him.  Outside of scary movie night, Warren couldn't remember the last time she had popped her claws.  She was now living a peaceful life with not a worry in the world.  He would have spent his entire bank statement to make her happy but it didn't take long to realize all it took was him.
Warren Worthington III
Warren Worthington III
Dustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kander Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:18 pm

It had taken time and practice, but Laura did not stiffen when Warren wrapped his arm around her. She enjoyed his touch, though she still had difficulty expressing it. However, try as she might, there was one thing she couldn’t stop from doing.

She knew every spot in the house that had ideal vantage points for an ambush. She knew exactly how many ways she could have killed her lover as he approached her. Visions ran through her head with cold efficiency. She could have jumped him when he opened the door, striking numerous vitals before he had a chance to react. He had turned his back to her for a second while changing. He had left himself open when he caught the apple, and again when he had wrapped his arm around her. Even now, she could hear the faint pulsing of blood through his jugular. She could time her strike in between his blinks. Even with his newfound cosmic power he would still bleed out in seconds.

She desired control, agency of her own actions above all else. Her biggest fear was being used as a weapon against her will. Yet even still she could not change the way she viewed the world. Everything was a situation that needed an escape route, even her own home. Every person was a potential target that she might need to kill, even her best friends. It was ingrained in her. She had never told Warren about these unbidden thoughts. She doubted she ever could.

She forced herself to focus on what he was saying.

“Nothing I purchased today will go bad over night. If you want to go out to celebrate, I wouldn’t mind. What were you thinking?”

Kander
Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren Worthington III Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:11 am

"Perfect."  Warren said with a smile as he started to make his way into their massive cathedral ceiling great room.  "I can get us a table at Rene At Tlaquepaque for let's say sevenish?  Go jump in the shower and I'll get..."  

*BZZZZZZZZZZT*  

His words were cut off as the buzzing from their homes front gate went off.  Warren looked at Laura with a peaked eyebrow as he turned and looked out one of their massive windows to see that their new neighbor, had returned. "What the hell?  It's the neighbor that moved in next door that I kinda mentioned when I came home...  His name's Maxwell.  He was nice and all, but come on man..."  Warren turned back to the wall where he had a security system control panel set up.  He would be the first to admit that it was almost never armed when you have Laura Kinney living in your home, that was about all the fire power anyone would ever need against something like a burglar.  However, the control panel did control the multi millionaires retractable roof as well which gave instance access to the sky for the mutant known as Angel.  

"I guess i'll see whats up."   He said to Laura as his wings made of glowing orange cosmic fire stretched out and then swung out, darting the young mutant straight in to the air and out of the opened roof.  The early evening breeze flowed through his hair and his wings as he made it to Maxwell's side in seconds.  Most mutants were safe to show their powers in public, as long as the stood by the word of Cyclops, they were as free as any other human.  However, the X-Men... The REAL X-Men were now looked at as outlaws so most of them hid themselves as well as possible, but for Warren, he was the face of a fortune 500 company.  Everyone knew of the mutant millionaire Angel.

Descending from the sky and landing next to Maxwell, Angel let out a bit of a forced smile.  "Hi Max.  Can I help you with something?"  Max's mouth was slightly opened in awe as his eyes couldn't look away from the glowing wings on Warren's back.  "Hello?!"  Warren said as he snapped his fingers infront of Maxwell which quickly snapped him out of his amazement.  "Oh!  Sorry!  Ya, My wife Lauren and I are having kind of a house warming barbecue and we wanted to invite the closest neighbors so we could all get to know eachother.  I guess I got so wrapped up in talking about your Lambo earlier that I forgot to ask earlier and Lauren was cracking the whip to come back over and make sure I got you to come.  Feel free to invite your... wife, is it?  Sorry I noticed someone go in earlier with groceries but she didn't look in the best mood...."  "Laura."  Warren cut off Max.  "Her name's Laura.  I'd say seventeen's a bit early for us to be married my friend."  He said with a smile.  "Yea thanks for the invite.  We were going to go out tonight.  Maybe we can change plans around and swing over.  I'll let you know later once we figure plans out."  Angel said as he shook Max's hand.  "Oh sure thing, no pressure man!  Hopefully we will see you tonight!"  Max said waving goodbye to Warren and to the house window where he thought he might have seen Laura.

-Two Hours Later-

"Ok, He seems nice enough and I know we have been trying to be more social." Warren said, buttoning up his shirt as him and Laura were getting dressed to go to the neighbors BBQ.  "If it sucks over there, just say the word and we can leave.  Francois at Rene said that he would hold our table all night if I would like.  So lets just give them a chance." Warren smiled as Laura stayed quiet. She always made her words count, which was something Warren loved about her. Staying quiet, to him felt like she wasn't the happiest about this decision but he felt she knew it was the most 'normal' thing for the mutant couple to do.

Warren grabbed one of his most expensive wine's from his wine cellar in one hand and Laura's waist with his free arm and the teenage couple made their way out of the mansion and down the sidewalk to the neighbors house which was also a million dollar home. Not as elaborate as Warren's but still a beautiful place as roughly 15 people were gathered outside enjoying the BBQ. "Well here we go." Warren says quietly into Laura's ear.
Warren Worthington III
Warren Worthington III
Dustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kander Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Without trying to, Laura counted sixteen people out on the lawn, plus another inside currently using the toilet, by the smell wafting out of a partially cracked window. She scanned the crowd, her head tracking like a turret, eyes sweeping over them with mechanical precision. She identified the strongest looking ones, preparing to kill them first. She started planning out escape routes, noting cover that could be used and places that weapons could be concealed.

She forced herself to stop. She was on edge more so than usual, she realized. In the last eight months she had not been to very many social engagements such as this. She could not care less what any of these soft, vapid socialites thought or said about her, but this was Warren’s life. At least, it was before his mutation had awakened and he had been swept up in the insanity of the X-men. Even living a “normal” life as they had for nearly a year, he still had spent spent most of his time with her or getting his company back on track. He had not had the chance to interact with his non-mutant peers. Now that being “outed” as a mutant was not quite the death-threat it was before, she did not want to cost him this chance to be happy.

She turned her critical eye away from vulnerabilities and hidden dangers and focused on facial cues and body language. She summoned a practiced smile onto her face and let Warren lead the way. What was the worst that could happen?

Kander
Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren Worthington III Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:34 am

Warren nudged Laura with his arm as he watched her eye's dart back and fourth towards the party goers. He smiled down to her letting her know that he caught her surveying the battlefield as she switched to a forced smile. The couple went forward, giving a few nods along the way as they made it to the smoking grill full of meats that their host Maxwell was attending. Max turned his head and with a big smile reached out for a handshake with Warren. "Warren! Hi, so glad you made it. This must be Laura?" He asked as Warren handed him the large bottle of wine. "Yea, Laura this is Max." Warren said gesturing to the tiny love of his life beside him. "Let me introduce you guys." Max said as he placed his hand on Warren's shoulder and spun the couple around to face the lawn full of people. "Hey everyone can I get your attention?!" Maxwell said as he stood behind the couple with a hand on each of their shoulder. "These two are my neighbors, Warren and Laura." An instant wave of awkward hit both of them as Warren did a slight wave to the party goers.

Maxwell reached over, picking up the expensive bottle of wine and read the label for a moment as he continued again. "They... are mutie scum." Warren's eyebrows raised and before he could turn, Maxwell swung the bottle down with full force into the back of Warren's head as glass and wine sprayed across the front lawn as Warren's body falls chest first onto the ground with red wine and blood covering his hair. "Abomination." Maxwell calmly speaks as every person at the party pulls out a pistol from their belt line and Maxwell shoots Warren in the back of the neck, leaving a dart in his neck.

Nearly blinded from the alcohol in his eyes, Warren tries to reach behind his neck to remove the dart as as his vision begins pulsing between light and dark with the last thing he sees is the entire army pointing their weapons at Laura as the damage done to Warren knocks him out.

Maxwell smiles and points his pistol at Laura. "The Lord looks down on us with glee as we rid these vermin from the planet." Max and fifteen others then open fire at Laura.
Warren Worthington III
Warren Worthington III
Dustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum