The Marvel Roundtable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Searching for myself

2 posters

Go down

Searching for myself Empty Searching for myself

Post by Slim Summers Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:30 am

It's been eight months since Scott Summers has been seen by the public.  Well, the older aged Scott Summers anyway...

The last time he was seen, he saved the world from being exposed to a Terrigen bomb in a very public setting in the middle of Time Square.  It's hard for young Scott to even think about what REALLY went on that day, but Emma Frost died, many Inhuman lives were lost, Cyclops was declared a world hero, the X-Men who helped the Inhumans oppose him were branded terrorists and the X-Men went into hiding.  

Most of the X-Men went on to live civilian lives.  Others, stayed at the school in New York as either students or faculty.  But Scott Summers... the young one, filled a backpack, jumped on his passed away professor Wolverine's motorcycle and hit the road in an attempt to track his older self.

12:45pm
Omaha, Nebraska

Scott pulls his Harley Davidson bike up to a local gas station as a couple in their mid twenties notice his bright red ruby quartz sunglasses from afar and start speaking to themselves while keeping their eyes dialed in on Scott.  Kicking the bike's kickstand down and stretching his back from another long drive of hunting for clues, Scott reaches in to his backpack to retrieve credit card that Professor Kitty Pryde gave him before leaving on his journey.

"Uh, hey, excuse me..."  The male who had been watching Scott walks up with his girlfriend peering over his shoulder.  Scott looks up, only half paying attention as he begins pumping his gas.  "Yes?" Scott responds as the strangers try to find the words.  "Um, I don't want to sound like an idiot or anything but.  Are you Cyclops?!"  He says with a big smile as he pulls his girlfriend around from behind him who is wearing the famous 'Cyclops was right' tee shirt.  She smiles and replies 'You look so much like him, but smaller.'  Scott smirks as his gas tank finishes filling.  "I'm just a big fan."  Quickly Scott starts up his Harley and with a nod he pulls off as the couple waves goodbye to him without a second thought.

I wish you were here to guide me Professor Xavier.  It's been over a year since I left my own timestream and one of the biggest regrets I have was leaving you behind.  I think the world could use an idealistic Charles Xavier right about now...
I'm trying to track MYSELF, if that isn't the weirdest thought... I don't know... I just hope i'm doing the right thing.  Jean, Hank, Bobby... everyone but Warren told me I shouldn't leave but I cant just leave my future self.  I need answers.  Maybe my older self could be the Xavier we all need.  I'm not sure i'll ever know until I get to the end of this trail of clues.

Scott stayed deep in thought as he pulled back onto the highway and blasted through the open breeze to his next destination.
Slim Summers
Slim Summers
Dustin

Back to top Go down

Searching for myself Empty Re: Searching for myself

Post by Scott Summers Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Scott headed out on the highway, on one of Wolverines bikes. It was a gift given to him by Logan, when Jean died. (She wouldn't have liked you having it Scott.....)There was only two times in Scott's life that James Howlett had ever given him a break; When Scott blows up a mountain with his eyes, or when one of his wives dies. Scott was sad to say, the former had happened more in his tragic life. Scott was wearing regular clothes, he wanted to blend in as best he could. The red glasses might still give him away, even in Nebraska people knew who Scott Summers was by face alone.

Scott saw his younger self merging back onto the highway the other way. Scott hit up a quick U-Turn, and hit the gas hard. He didn't know what his younger self was up to, but it couldn't be good at all. A focused Scott Summers, is a terrible thing. This kid may end up being the only person in the world Scott fears. But, at this point, he still had hope. 'Slim' as they were calling him, still had love in his heart. Scott's biggest fear? That he would rob him of it with only a sentence.

Scott caught up quickly to this child, and pulled up next to him. Scott let a stray small blast out, to get his own attention.

"If you go one county over, Scott Summers will make up 1.4% of the population." Scott's face got more serious. "Take this next exit, I just sent a GPS location to your phone." 3812 Farnam St Omaha, NE 68131 Scott blasted ahead.
Scott Summers
Scott Summers
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Summers Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:32 am

As a blast of ruby red energy darts across the sky in front of Scott, he flinches and swerves on his bike as his heart skips a beat.  He just found who he was looking for... or maybe vice versa?  Scott quickly regained composure and turned his head to his side as his older self quickly told him to follow him.  Trying not to show emotion, Scott nodded and quickly followed behind.  One of the biggest things an outside person would notice that separates Scott and his older self is that as he aged and lead the X-Men for so many years and witnessed so much tragedy, he had become somewhat hardened and calculated.  His every move was played out in his head a hundred times, always a tactician.  On the other hand, the young 17 year old Scott that has been now placed in this timestream, he very much ran on pure emotions.  The emotions that helped him make the decision to leave all of the X-Men and his other time displaced friends now for the second time.  The first time was to go off in to space with his father Corsair, and now... It was time to track down almost an estranged father figure in his own right... his older self.

It turns out that I grow up to be not the greatest of guys in a lot of peoples opinions.  It sucks.  I hate the looks that the X-Men give me.  I hate the assumptions that my older self is a truly evil person.  It took me eight months to track him down.  Now it's time to... oh boy, I don't know.  I guess I didn't think the end game through.  I guess I just need answers to who I become?  I might puke.

Whipping through traffic with his older self on a couple of Harley's, they quickly make it off the destination exit and the visions of only a few years ago for this Scott start flooding back to him as he realizes where they are going... The State Home for Foundlings.  The orphanage where Scott was tortured for years.  It was hard to even process as he watched his older self pull in to the front gates of the massive orphanage.  There were no vehicles out in front and the place looked abandoned.  From the information that Scott had gleened from multiple X-Men over his time with them, apparently Mr. Millbury, the abuser, was actually a meta human named Mr. Sinister.  From what he understood, there's A LOT of drama involved with him.  So why would Scott be pulling up to the home of their early torture?

Scott pulled up next to his older self and parked his Harley.  He quickly grabbed his backpack out of the saddle bag and tossed it over his shoulders and bravely walked up chest to chest to his taller older self looking up at him.  "How did you find me?  Why the hell are we here?!  When does my growth spurt happen!  I need to get some answers from you!"  He said trying to stand tall towards his older self as his nervous word vomit blurted out but after a moment and a deep breath, he composed.  "Sorry.  This is weird."  He said turning his head to the orphanage.
Slim Summers
Slim Summers
Dustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Summers Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Scott remained silent for as long as he could. He wasn't the one that was going to ask questions. He needed to allow his younger self to absorb as much information as he possibly could. There were people Scott had known his entire life that still didn't begin to understand Scott's mindset, or plans. People that had abandoned him, or worse, turned on him. He had finally built on Charles dream (It doesn't have to always be about him)... No, he had finally realized a dream he had his entire adult life. Scott walked to the main building, and he felt his younger self try and keep up stride for stride. "Growth spurt? Kid, you're already my height. You just need to find a purpose to walk for. You're standing as tall as humanity wants you to stand. Maybe it's time you tower over them."

Scott took a few steps up a slight hill, and waited for his younger self to follow suit. Once they were at a vantage point, he waved his hand upward, at the horizon. "This place was once made for that of fear, and hatred. I ended all that. Now it is a place for hope, and a future for mutants." Scott pulled out a small controller, and pressed a large red button. A seemingly run-down power conduit tower, began blinking a green light. Slowly, people; young, old, began to come out in the open. They acted as if nothing weird was happening, and seemed to continue on with their normal lives. With the press of another button, their very view began to blur. Suddenly the run-down buildings were new, some futuristic looking. Scott handed his younger self the controller, to look at.

"Welcome to my real base of operations. This is where I have been keeping as of late. I converted this place, from the terrible horrors it used to impose, and made it a haven for the homeless, and seemingly helpless, of the world. Be it mutant, or human alike. They know who I am, other than that, they don't question the oddities, if it keeps them safe, and free of hunger. We have a school, church if you like, a few smaller stores. Most of the residents keep to themselves, but the towns around us have anything we don't have here. No one is forced to stay. Through help from allies, my identity is safe here, from the public."

Scott waved to his younger self to follow him into the main building. He knew his was throwing too much at him at once, but he didn't have a choice. He knew himself more than even this current version of him did. If he came looking for answers, he wasn't going to leave without them. Scott Summers was potentially the most dangerous person on this planet. An ally this tactical would be of great importance. And in the end.... if he couldn't convince his own self that what he was doing was righteous... then was it, truly?

"The question isn't how I found you Scott, I have physics all over the planes of reality. The questions, are... how did you find me? And what is it you truly want son?"
Scott Summers
Scott Summers
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Summers Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:30 am

This place was amazing. It was a bit smaller than the school in upstate New York, but there was a thriving population using The State Home for Foundlings as their epicenter. The fact that Cyclops could keep this operation running without word getting out to the mass population was very impressive. As holographic projectors changed the buildings form, Scott's older self asks him how he found him as Scott decides he should be completely honest with his older self. A decision he made in his head on the drive here. "Dr. McCoy... The blue furry one... He hacked your systems to find a rough gps location that brought me to Nebraska. I don't think he's the biggest fan of yours. Not to mention... he kind of owed me one. But, don't worry he said he wouldn't pass on your location and that the battle is not with you."

The young Cyclops laid it all out on the table for his older self as they made their way closer to the building. "And as for what I want..." Scott said taking a gulp. "I want to move in with you..." He said with an awkward look on his face. "I think I deserve to know the person that I become. I'm tired of hearing everyones opinions about you and form my own instead."
Slim Summers
Slim Summers
Dustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum